Idaho Film Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unite all Idaho film and media professionals.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Facebook

LANCE THOMPSON’S SCREEN STORY WORKSHOP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Candis
Admin
Candis

LANCE THOMPSON’S SCREEN STORY WORKSHOP Empty
PostSubject: LANCE THOMPSON’S SCREEN STORY WORKSHOP   LANCE THOMPSON’S SCREEN STORY WORKSHOP EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am

March 24 & 25 (Saturday and Sunday) 2012

Sound story structure is fundamental to a successful screenplay, yet nothing is more misunderstood. The three-act structure is as old as Aristotle, but the simple rules have been needlessly twisted, misused and confused over the years by those who make their living as storytellers.

Lance Thompson demystifies and explains story structure in this enjoyable, instructive, interactive two-day workshop that is guaranteed to improve your ability to write and tell a good story.

Students will also learn and practice creating characters, writing dialogue, constructing scenes,
identifying theme and pitching their ideas in front of an audience. At the completion of the course, students will be familiar with all the fundamental elements of screenwriting.

Lance Thompson has been a script doctor for movies (The Two Jakes, The Honeymooners), written for television (Mr. Belvedere), and conducted screen writing classes for the Scriptwriters Network in Los Angeles and for the Idaho Film Office. His writing and photography have appeared in two dozen magazines and newspapers, including Air & Space Smithsonian and Cowboys & Indians, as well as the book X Plane Crashes.

COMMENTS:
“It was interesting for me to spend the weekend with so many people so fluent in using words and language.” Ben Shedd, Academy Award-winning film maker, Boise

“Thanks again for another great workshop! I came out of there with lots of ways to improve the scripts I have written and lots of ideas for new scripts.” –Patricia Santos, 1 place 2008 Reel Women of the West st script contest, Twin Falls

“I knew I would enjoy your class, but it’s even better than I thought it would be–most excellent, stirring up my creative juices and inspiring me with new ideas...Just what I needed–thank you!” -Sherry Cann, President Idaho Screenwriters Association, Boise

“Thanks to Lance for an amazing workshop. You led me to a huge arsenal of tools I have never known before.” --Kevin Stokes, Partner, Minuteman Entertainment, Boise

“It gave me a wonderful insight into writing, writers,and clearer understanding of dialogue on the page--a well structured workshop with a beginning, middle and end. The information was invaluable.” --Sam Munoz, actor, Los Angeles

“This is the best $95 you'll ever spend. If it comes down to Lance's workshop or refilling your antibiotics, opt for the Flintstones vitamins and positive thinking - you won't regret Lance's class.” –Lee Vander Boegh, writer/actor Boise

Cost of workshop is $95 per person ($85 for veterans). Limited to a maximum of 16 students. Checks only.

Workshop will be held March 24th and 25th, from 9:00 a. m. to 4:30 p. m.
Lunch is not included, but we will break for lunch.

Workshop to be held at:
Stevens-Henager College
1444 S. Entertainment Ave Suite 322
Boise ID 83709
For more information, contact Lance Thompson 208-898-1451 scriptdoc88@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
https://idahofilm.forumotion.com

LANCE THOMPSON’S SCREEN STORY WORKSHOP
Page 1 of 1